Annual Statewide Outreach Meetings & Training- Durango
Housing Colorado is pleased to once again host our Annual Statewide Outreach Meetings & Training in partnership with the Colorado Division of Housing. This summer, we will meet with local affordable housing professionals throughout the state to learn more about your region’s issues, challenges and opportunities. In addition, Housing Colorado has teamed up with the Division of Housing, who will be offering a special training course on Reasonable Accommodations and Universal Design.
Wednesday, July 27 from 9:00am - 4:00pm
Durango Public Library, 1900 E 3rd Ave, Durango, CO 81301
During the Housing Colorado outreach portion of the meeting, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Network with affordable housing peers in the region
- Hear more about legislative updates and Housing Colorado’s strategic priorities this year
- Hear from CHFA staff with an update on the new State Housing Tax Credit and program implementation
- Provide input for planning education programs and resources
The Colorado Division of Housing will host a training event from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Part 1: Reasonable Accommodation 101
Attendees will explore:
- What is a reasonable accommodation
- When are you required to grant a reasonable accommodation
- When can you deny a reasonable accommodation
- What is the importance of having a reasonable accommodation policy/process
Part 2: Universal Design
What is Universal Design?
Accessibility-related Statutes and Standards: What are they, when do they apply, which accessibility standards do they trigger, and how do they affect my development?
- Architectural Barriers Act of 1968
- Fair Housing Act - 1988 Amendments
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 197
- + Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards
Registration is free, but you must RSVP for our lunch headcount.