Wednesday, 1:45PM - 3:15PM
Shout it from the Roof Tops: Using data to tell your story
Good data will make people believe in our work and a good story will inspire them to act. Combine storytelling with data and you've got a powerful tool to use to advocate, fund raise and increase support for affordable housing. In this session, we will share helpful tips, pitfalls to avoid, and give you the opportunity to craft a powerful 5 minute message on a housing project or organization you are passionate about.
- Craft your story
- Select the right data to support the story
- Use data to tell a concise, powerful, 5 minute story
Speaker: Katie McKenna, Director of Community Development and Family Services, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Wednesday, 3:45PM - 5PM
Becoming a "Cut-Above" Presenter
Imagine becoming a confident presenter who truly connects with audiences and gets the results through words and actions. This workshop is not about keynote presentations but about connecting with audiences in work-related venues. Participants will leave the session armed with ways to become more confident and successful presenters.
- Strategically prepare for optimal results
- Boost 2 parts of a presentation for success
- How to put life and energy into the presentation
Speaker: Gregg Piburn, Owner & President, Leader's Edge Consulting
Thursday, 10AM - 11:30AM
Time Management Basics
High levels of achievement, performance and success are determined by the ability to think through and apply the very best time management techniques available. Increasing the quality and quantity of your results by increasing the ability to use your time effectively. This powerful seminar combines proven time management strategies and philosophy and is designed for professionals and teams looking to take their effectiveness and performance to a higher level.
- Defining where you want to go
- How to properly write a goal
- Ensuring you do the most important things first
Speaker: Jim Hall, Owner, FocalPoint Denver
Thursday, 1:30PM - 2:45PM
Trauma-Informed Interactions for Agencies
Attendees will learn about types of trauma and the impact on individuals. They will learn skills to help them work compassionately and effectively with trauma-impacted clients. Agencies will be better prepared to support clients and employees in recovery from trauma and learn how not to let trauma symptoms get in the way of service delivery. This workshop is designed for anyone working with clients directly or indirectly - property managers, landlords, PHA staff, maintenance staff, service providers and front desk staff.
- Recognize the impact of trauma on interactions
- Establish a culture of compassion and empathy to aid recovery
- Learn how to protect selves against secondary trauma
Speakers: Alma Collins, BSW Supportive Services Manager, Longmont Housing Authority; Stevi Gray, Housing Program Manager, Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Thursday, 3:15PM -4:30PM
Differentiate Your Organization with a Healthy Company Culture
The culture of an organization, whether healthy or unhealthy, can be felt immediately when someone picks up the phone or walks through the door. Learn the keys to creating a healthy organizational culture that fosters higher levels of employee engagement, teamwork and most importantly, improved relationships with residents and clients.
- Key ingredients of creating a strong organizational culture to keep and maintain top talent.
- Secrets of creating happy employees. With very happy employees, people have a better experience and they more often refer others to your organization because they love your brand.
- How organizations that focus solely on rewards and motivations miss the bigger picture when relationships turn sour.
Speakers: Adam Kantor, Associate Principal and Land Planner, Kephart; Dennis Tallon, Owner, Awareness to Action International
Friday, 10AM - 11:30AM
Managing Your Stress
Stress is an inevitable part of work, but through learned responses and relaxation methods, it can stop consuming your life. This workshop will help you understand the stress cycle, identify your sources of stress and discover your emotional reactions. Through interactive exercises, you will learn how to respond effectively and recapture your calm.
- Understand the Stress Cycle
- Effectively respond to stress
- Learn how to relax and recapture your calm
Speaker: Patie Jansen, Training Specialist, Strategic Insight Solutions