The 2020 Eagle Awards took place online
on Thursday, July 30th!
With Emcee Jim Berry, KXKL KOOL 105
And special guest appearances from:
Cris White, Executive Director and CEO of CHFA
and Rick Garcia, Executive Director of Colorado Department of Local Affairs
Second Chance Center
Attention Homes Apartments
Indy Street Flats
Lincoln Park at the Wellington Neighborhood
Vida at Sloan’s Lake
People’s Choice Award
Fall River at Prairie Village
Download the Press Release (PDF)
Download the Eagle Awards Program
The Eagle Award
Established in 1990, the Eagle Award represents one of the highest achievements for the Colorado housing community. This prestigious award celebrates the extraordinary accomplishments and outstanding leadership in housing and support services. The award honors individuals, agencies, projects, and programs that soar to new heights in their work to ensure safe, fair, affordable housing for all Coloradans.
Winners are chosen by an industry-diverse selection committee. Awards will be presented at the Eagle Awards Ceremony. All nominees are recognized during the ceremony and on Housing Colorado’s website. Nominees are allocated 2 complimentary registrations to the awards ceremony.
View all 2020 Eagle Award nominees (PDF)
Award Categories & Criteria
Person or People
This category recognizes people who have made significant contributions to the affordable housing community. This could include individuals or teams. [Current Housing Colorado Board Members are not eligible in this category] Nominees will be evaluated and award winners chosen using the following criteria:
- What impact has the nominee had on the affordable housing community (local, statewide, national, etc.)?
- Give examples of how the nominee has demonstrated themselves as a leader in the affordable housing community?
- How has the nominee overcome challenges and adversity to achieve success?
- How has the nominee worked collaboratively or formed unique partnerships and builds consensus?
Project or Place
This category recognizes outstanding projects completed (approved for occupancy) in the past year (Between 1/1/2019 and 2/7/2020) that add to or preserve affordable housing stock in Colorado. Nominees will be evaluated and award winners chosen using the following criteria:
- How does this project incorporate the interests of a variety of stakeholders?
- How does this project demonstrate resident-focused design?
- What is the positive impact on the community?
- What unique challenges (location, funding, regulatory barriers, NIMBY, etc.) needed to be overcome to complete this project?
- How was innovation used in the design, development and construction phases?
- How were environmentally sustainable methods, processes, and materials utilized above and beyond minimum requirements?
This category recognizes outstanding service programming that directly impacts affordable housing residents. Nominees will be evaluated and award winners chosen based on the following criteria:
- Describe how this program provides services to residents of affordable housing.
- What unique challenges to housing stability are addressed by this program?
- What is the target population served?
- What innovative approaches are used?
- How are a variety of stakeholders engaged in this program?
This award is chosen from the list of Eagle Award Nominees in all categories. It is an opportunity for the housing community to cast their vote and honor their peers for inspiring and innovative work. Voting closed on Friday, July 10th. All winners will be announced at the Virtual Eagle Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 30th!
View Past Eagle Award Winners
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Eagle Awards title sponsor: