- About Us
- Community Calendar
- Eagle Awards Ceremony
- NOW! Annual Conference
- Education Materials
|NOW! Property Asset Management Track|
This Track Sponsored by:
Wednesday, 1:45PM – 3:00PM
Building a Culture of Wellness
Eaton Senior Communities in Lakewood, CO, will share how their affordable housing organization created a culture and philosophy of wellness through innovative partnerships and programs that have garnered national acclaim. The session will introduce a toolkit for participants to further develop wellness initiatives within their own communities.
· Learn how to establish a culture of wellness.
· Address limited resources and the dimensions of wellness.
· Explore innovative partnerships that can increase access and affordability.
Speakers: Diana Delgado, Chief Operating Officer, Eaton Senior Communities; Sarah Schoeder, Director of Wellness, Eaton Senior Communities; David Smart, President & CEO, Eaton Senior Communities
Wednesday, 3:30PM – 4:30PM
Controlling Project Operating Costs
Attendees will hear from owners and suppliers about techniques and strategies for effectively managing the costs of operating affordable housing.
· Hear some of the many challenges to containing operating costs.
· Learn ways that operating costs can be contained.
· Hear how operating expenses can be managed to achieve more efficiency and predictability.
Speakers: Chris Jedd, Denver Housing Authority; Don Krattenmaker, Partner, WoodRiver Energy; Arthur McDermott, President, McDermott Properties; David Nestor, President, Urban Lights
Thursday, 9:45AM – 11:30AM
Preserving Affordable Housing Inventory
The panel will discuss proven ways to effectively preserve the current inventory of affordable housing through refinancing and renovating existing product to breathe 20 more years of life into antiquated buildings and their systems.
· Refinancing options for major renovation projects.
· Designing priorities on a refi budget.
· Build successfully in an occupied community.
Speakers: Brandon Gentrup, Senior Preconstruction Manager, Pinkard Construction Co; Anthea Martin, Senior Vice President, Bellwether Enterprise; Josh Russell, Medici Consulting Group; Joseph Vigil IV, Partner, Workshop8 Architects; Brian Windley, VP, Syndication Originator, Enterprise Community Partners
Moderator: Laura Clark, Principal, S.B. Clark Companies
Thursday, 1:30PM – 2:45PM
Tax Credit Property Management & Lease Ups Challenges
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity to learn from experienced and seasoned property managers and Tax Credit developers on the challenges of daily management, financial, accounting and reporting. Topics include Lease up preparations, tax credit investor’s management requirements, reporting, developer’s selection of property management companies, evictions, maintenance, capital expenses, reserves accounts, etc.
· Hear about lease up challenges and tax credit delivery.
· Examine financial preparation & budgeting.
· Understand Tax credit reporting to investors & lenders.
Speakers: Taylor Barnhart, Chief Financial Officer, Silva-Markham Partners; Holly Jackson, Vice president of Operations, Silva-Markham Partners; Lisa Mullins, Principal & Co-Founder of MGL Partners; Robert Munroe, Principal, Solvera Affordable Housing Advisors
Moderator: Alfonso Silva, President & CEO, Silva-Markham Partners
Thursday, 3:15PM – 4:30PM
2Gen Approach to Breaking the Cycle of Poverty
Many housing providers highlight their intention to support economic mobility, but don’t have a strategy to address the core elements of intergenerational poverty. This session will provide data to highlight the effects of poverty on children and adults— then substantiate why a strategy is important to help children break the cycle of poverty.
· Understand the statistics and ramifications of poverty for children.
· Hear about ways to engage parents to create a positive home and property environment.
· Effective ways to stretch dollars and leverage community resources to help kids succeed.
Speakers: Sarah Hughes, Vice President of Research, Colorado Children’s Campaign; Sharon Knight, President and CEO, Hope Communities
Friday, 8:30AM – 9:30AM
Energy Efficiency Opportunities for Multifamily
Learn ways to build more energy efficient affordable housing developments as well as track utility usage in existing buildings, allowing developments to monetize these savings into cash flow and mortgage proceeds. This presentation will include a conversation about how owners can increase their bottom line with energy efficiency AFTER the project has been completed, so sustainability in buildings becomes commonplace.
· Build more energy efficient buildings.
· Learn how to track these savings.
· Underwrite these costs for increased mortgage proceed.
Speakers: Ron Mehl, Vice President & Project Partner, Dominium Development; Mike Menzel, Principal, JIT Services; Paul Kriescher, Principal, Lightly Treading