Conference Scholarship and
Resident Leader Applications
The 2019 Scholarship Applications are closed.
Decisions will be announced at the end of August.
Housing Colorado, with support from Bank of the West, is offering scholarships for the 2019 Housing Colorado Now Conference:
General Scholarship Program
Conference scholarships are intended to expand access to the conference, provide opportunities for individuals to attend, and enrich the experience of all conference participants. A limited number of partial and full scholarships for registration and/or lodging are available. Scholarship applications will be evaluated based upon the strength of the application and contribution to the conference.
• Scholarships are available to anyone interested in attending our annual Housing Colorado Now Conference.
• Partial scholarships are intended to cover part of the cost of attending the conference and may be applied to either registration or conference hotel lodging. The Committee may also choose to allocate full scholarships (covering conference registration fee and up to three nights’ lodging) at the committee’s discretion.
• Scholarship applications will be evaluated based upon the strength of the application and contribution to the conference.
• No more than three scholarships will be awarded to one organization.
• Scholarships will be awarded based on alignment with priorities established by the Housing Colorado Board of Directors and applicants’ contributions to the Housing Colorado Now Conference. Specifically, priority weight will be given to applications from:
o Affordable housing advocates
o Other contributors to the conference planning process and event
o Housing Colorado Members
o First time conference attendees
o Attendees from rural or mountain locations in Colorado
o Volunteers on Housing Colorado Committees
o Young Professionals that have attended YP events
• Your past involvement with Housing Colorado throughout the year.
• The size and financial need of your organization.
• Your organization’s interactions with the affordable housing industry.
• Your willingness to volunteer during the annual conference at various tasks.
• If awarded a scholarship, it is assigned to the individual and not the organization and cannot be split or changed without approval from Housing Colorado.
Resident Leader Scholarship Program
Several scholarships are available to assist organizations wishing to host Resident Leaders at our annual conference. Resident Leaders are residents of affordable housing and are leaders or emerging leaders in their community.
• Resident Leaders are residents of affordable housing and are leaders or emerging leaders in their community.
• Scholarships are available to affordable housing residents interested in attending our annual Housing Colorado Now Conference.
• Scholarship applications will be evaluated based upon the strength of the application.
• How will your organization benefit from having a Resident Leader participate in the conference?
• How will the information and development opportunities provided through the conference benefit your resident leader after the conference?
• Does the organization agree to help the resident leader before, during, and after the conference to assist with planning and preparation of the conference?
Thank you to our Scholarship Underwriting Sponsor!