2020 Housing Colorado Conference
Request for Workshop Proposals
Wednesday, October 7 - Friday, October 9, 2020
Keystone Conference Center, Colorado
The deadline for submitting your proposal is Sunday, March 8, 2020
The annual Housing Colorado Conference provides attendees the opportunity to refresh their knowledge of fundamental concepts and discuss emerging issues and future trends. Through local, regional and national partnerships, talented professionals from across the nation will join affordable housing leaders to engage in discussions, share strategies and debate solutions about how affordable housing can improve and strengthen communities. Whether you are currently - or would like to be - involved in affordable housing, this conference offers a space for you!
Dynamic presenters and innovative workshops are crucial to the success of training at the conference, and the RFP process is our way of ensuring that we have workshops that explore fresh ideas.
Proposals that meet the following guidelines will be given preference during the 2020 selection process:
- Four (4) people maximum may present during a workshop. This may be one (1) moderator and three (3) panelists or any combination of four (4) people of your choosing.
- Proposals should be complete, well-written and well-articulated. The conference committee reserves the right to amend or expand your title and description.
- We encourage you to push the field. Be innovative and allow for lively, interactive participation among panelists and audience.
- Workshops that link a variety of organizations, experience and backgrounds as well as geographic diversity help illustrate that the topic or approach is relevant across the state.
- We encourage sessions with interactive formats and case studies. A workshop that engages the audience will be selected over a standard panel or PowerPoint-focused presentation.
- Strive for originality. If there are two proposals with the same subject matter, the proposal with the most innovative approach will prevail. In certain cases, the selection committee may select a proposal on the condition that is revised or merged with a proposal submitted by a different group.
- Identifying panelists at the time of the proposal is strongly encouraged. If you do not have a specific person confirmed writing “someone from X organization” is the second-best strategy. If fewer than four (4) panelists are confirmed at the time a proposal is submitted, however, the selection committee reserves the right to recommend additional panelists.
Access the online proposal application here
You can download the full proposal guidelines here
If you have any questions about the 2020 Housing Colorado Conference please contact Rachel Massman, Housing Colorado’s Conference & Event Manager, at 303-863-0125 or Rachel@housingcolorado.org.